Hello everyone! ♥
Welcome to my pile of shame : my TBR. Even as I was typing the title, I already knew it was futile because which bookworm, in the history of ever, has successfully conquered their TBR? None, I assume. Doesn’t matter how fast we read, we’ll never get ahead of our TBR because our TBR is endless and always expanding 🙈
Today I will present you my physical TBR. This is clearly not counting the unread books on my kindle app. Let’s not go there, shall we? 😂😂 I’m gonna need your help to decide which book I need to read soon so if you see a favorite, tell me! ♣
Lo and behold, I present you my physical TBR. Consists of both local and imported books. (P.S. this post will be filled with pictures just because I can).
Okay so I have 28 books on my physical TBR. Not much, yes? Probably not to you but to me, this is a lot. The thing is, I’m not in the habit of buying books I don’t plan to read because imported books are expensive and not that common. I’d rather spend my money on books I’m sure I will read. And being an international blogger, I don’t get physical ARC, ever. So all these books are books that I bought because I was so excited to read but somehow, for various reasons, still haven’t. Though I won some of them from giveaway.
Now let’s see, the left pile is imported books and the right pile is local books. We could say they’re tied, right? I have as many unread imported books as the local ones 😂 let’s take a closer look of some of them ♦
Books I really want to read
These are the books that I really want to read but for some weird reasons, haven’t. Though in my defense, half of them are new releases, so my reason is as simple as I haven’t had the time to get around it.
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour. This is my latest purchase that I bought early March. I’m gonna get around it very soon.
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard. You know… this book received so many positive pre-release thoughts that I practically raced to my laptop and ordered it from TBD. It arrived early aaaand I still haven’t read it 😂 I’m putting it off because once I read contemporary I’ll want to go on a contemporary binge and right now I have some fantasy I need to read.
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. I was whining so much when my copy was still on its way and everyone else was gushing about it hahaha 🙈 to be fair, I have a couple of valid reasons. 1) You probably remember my friend passing away last month? I just didn’t want to read book about death yet. I love getting emotional, but I don’t want it to get too personal. 2) I promise to buddy read with Fadwa! 😀
- The Unbound by VE Schwab. Okay I’m totally stalling with this because The Unbound is the ONLY Schwab’s book I haven’t read (not counting her debut series) and I don’t want to run out of Schwab’s books 😛
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Shuterland. No reasons, I just haven’t got around it.
Books I want to read but need encouragement
Oh these two books…. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin is probably the oldest book on my shelves. No kidding. I actually really loved the series! It’s intense and intriguing and I remember being super eager to read the final book. In fact, I did start reading one or two years ago but I… forgot everything. I blamed the delayed release, though. I couldn’t remember anything more than the basic plot of the first book 😂 I don’t want to reread the 1st and 2nd books so I’m stuck now hahaha if only anyone want to refresh my memory I will read book 3, I promise.
I started Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova last month but got bored and distracted. The thing is, I actually loved the writing, the premise, and the plot, but I didn’t like Alex that much. And it’s always hard for me to pick up a book after I left it. So, any encouragement for me to finish it?
Books I already lost interest in
These are the books that I used to be excited for but as time goes (and reviews come) I started to just… lose interest. They’re probably gonna stay unread for a long time… oops.
- The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati. Contemporary book about mental illness is my jam so I was so excited to read this one (still is, actually). Compared to the other books on my shelves, this one just doesn’t pull me. I sense no urgency and keep putting it off. The good thing is, of all the books on this list it has the highest chance of being read, though not anytime soon 😛
- Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider. I swear I had never heard of this book before I won it in a giveaway. I looked it up immediately and was excited but now my excitement has died down, mostly because no one I know talk about this book. I’m a mainstream girl who loves to read what everyone else is reading 😂
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess. I read the first few chapters and it sounded mediocre. Some people swore this is awesome but some others, the ones whose opinion I trust, said this was indeed mediocre. I’m currently not in the mood to read mediocre fantasy so maybe later.
- Rebels of the Sand by Alwyn Hamilton. I was super excited for this book because it was dubbed the best debut of 2016 by most people AND goodreads. But then the reviews started coming in and I heard it’s super problematic and offensive to Islam. I have no time for yet another book that misrepresents my religion so honestly I don’t know what I’m gonna do with this book.
No matter how good I am in English, reading books in my native language is always easier. Faster, at least. You would think I’d get through my local TBR faster? Haha, no. It was just as bad if not worse. The thing is, I’m wayyyy more excited for imported books so more often than not local books take the back seat. Plus I only have a few people to gush to when I read local books and it’s not fun.
Here are some of my unread local YA contemporary, all by authors I’ve known AND loved so the chance of me enjoying these books is high. I just haven’t got around them and it makes me sad 😂 relax though I’m not gonna go into details, you all wouldn’t know what I’m talking about if I do hahaha on to the next one.
Alright the first book on the left is debut novel of my favorite Indonesian author, Ika Natassa. I’ve read and loved all her books after this one. I guess… I’m putting it off because I’m afraid it won’t be on the same level? Or simply because I don’t want to run out of her book like I don’t want to run out Schwab’s? Who knows 😛 but I’m sure I’ll get around it at some point because it has 90s vibe so I get to be nostalgic. Just kidding I was a baby in the 90s I probably wouldn’t understand the reference 🙈
The two books on the right are both sequels. I read and enjoyed the first book but still haven’t read the sequels because it’s sad! It was made clear in the first book that the male and female protagonist wouldn’t end up together and this story is just a memory. But after getting to know them in the first book I can’t read the second?? Why would I willingly read books where my ship sinks? This will stay on my TBR until God knows when hahaha
That’s a wrap! My entire physical TBRs along with the reasons why I’m still putting off reading them. What about you? How many books do you have on your physical TBR? Is there any of these books that I should read soon? Let me know, encourage me, and tell me about your own TBR! I’d love to hear your thoughts ♥
Find more of me on my social media ♦